ContentMarketingInstitute.com is the go-to resource for anyone looking to learn about content marketing, improve their current strategy or just have more fun with content marketing. If you are looking for valuable information about how a WordPress giant operates, and who he models himself after, you’ve come to the right place.
Show Type, Title and Description
During this Authority Site Business Builder Episode, Joe Pulizzi and host Trevor Turnbull discuss how Joe got his start in the industry an what authority site & Google Authorship mean to him.
Play, Watch, Listen and Download
Mentioned In This Episode
Show Notes & Transcription
- Whether Joe finds himself to be a technophile or technophobe (2m 31s)
- Where the idea for Content Marketing Institute came from (5m 8s)
- Joe’s money troubles when first starting out (7m 5s)
- Joe’s only complaint about WordPress (7m 45s)
- How Joe defines an Authority Site and who are authorities to him (8m 11s)
- What your goals need to be in setting up a new site (9m 0s)
- How Content Marketing Institute became an authority (9m 45s)
- The most important thing to look for when becoming an authority site (10m 50s)
- Is quality or quantity more important when it comes to subscribers? (11m 28s)
- How important Google Authorship and Google+ are to Joe (13m 30s)
- What to do if you care about search rankings and Google Authority (14m 43s)
- Is it difficult for publishers to attribute authorship? (15m 50s)
- Who Joe looks to as his model for success (18m 20s)
Connect With Joe!
- Content Marketing Institute
- Joe’s Book – Epic Content Marketing
- Content Marketing Institute on Facebook
- Joe Pulizzi on Twitter
- Joe Pulizzi on Google+
Sharing is Caring! Leave A Rating and Review
Please don’t forget to leave a rating or review in iTunes! It only takes a second and you can help the show increase its rankings with this simple and quick gesture.
Thank you for all the support! See you soon